Justin Bieber 'Hopes People Felt the Sincerity in My Apologies'

Justin Bieber hasn't been shy about issuing a mea culpa or two as of late, and now he's hoping people have been taking it seriously.
The once-embattled pop star has been making the rounds in the last few months, including a Comedy Central Roast and appearing on The Ellen DeGeneres Show , issuing apologies for his past headline-making bad behavior.
"I hope people felt the sincerity in my apologies," he told Hero Magazine , which hits newsstands in the U.K. Apr. 27 and in the U.S. May 18, E! News
reports. "There are a lot of things that have happened in the last couple years that I'm not very proud of, and I feel a responsibility to my fans and to the public who believe in me to make it right. I hope everyone believed it--because it was honest."
Now 21, Bieber admits it hasn't been easy growing up with the eyes of the world watching you as you go through very public growing pains. "It's definitely hard having so many people judge you from a distance. Sometimes you just want to explain yourself, but then that's giving into gossip and it makes things worse," he said. "It's a tough line to walk."
Justin Bieber Prepping Next Album with Kanye West, Rick Rubin
However new music is on the horizon. And he's got some power players in his corner helping to shape his next release's sound.
"The biggest difference is that I'm older. I was 17 when I recorded most of my last album and I'm 21 now. I've been through a lot in a public way, which gives me a much different perspective on things. I am working with producers like Kanye [West] and Rick Rubin who have influenced me and the music I listen to in a big way," he teased. "The creative process this time around is more personal. When I was younger I would take other people's experiences, now I have my own to draw from and it makes all the difference because it's a release. It's amazing because I'm able to really work out anything I am feeling in my music. I'm nervous whenever I put out new work because it's such a personal journey, but I try to remember music is meant to be enjoyed--so I try to roll with it."

Comments